The best free apps for small businesses are stable, secure, have plenty of useful features without limiting functionality, and little to no “nagging” (advertising). Most importantly though, they add a value to your business that can’t be compared to by any other free app. These are the five best free apps for small business – and some of them are so innovative they can be seen being used by many large corporations instead of paid software!
- Wunderlist may appear to be just a simple note and list making app at first glance, but it is so much more than that, which is what makes it one of the best free apps for a small business. Wunderlist actually expands to become a full fledged project planner with the ability to set milestones, assign specific team members to different tasks, attach files, set reminders, set deadlines, and many more functions that are more typical of project planning apps. All of this is neatly wrapped up in an easy to use, intuitive UI that gives you as much or as little as you need for your current project. Wunderlist is available for PC, Mac, Android, and iOS.
- Mint is a financing app that automatically keeps track of your spending and suggests a baseline budget based on your spending trends, which you are free to adjust to taste. It also keeps tabs on your credit report and reminds you of upcoming bills. If budgeting isn’t your forte, Mint can easily help you fill in the gaps and keep your business’ budget straight, which makes it the best free app for a small business owner who can’t be bothered with balancing checkbooks. Mint is available via the web as well as has apps for PC, Mac, Android, and iOS.
- Google Docs is a wonderful web app for editing, storing, and converting documents on the go, but what makes it one of the best free apps for small business is its collaborative features. These features make it easy for multiple people to comment and edit the same document without destroying the original copy, allowing you to go the extra mile with your clients. Google Docs is available via the web as well as a multitude of browser plugins and apps for every platform.
- Zoho Expense is a web app that makes drafting expense reports easy with its ability to automatically pull spending records from accounts and record data off receipts that are emailed to Zoho. While you may not have the drastic need for employee expense reports that a large corporation does, monthly expense reports do help with making annual tax reports easier to calibrate at the end of the year. By taking the hard work out of gathering receipts and bank statements, Zoho Expense can make calculating end of year expenses as easy as tallying up your monthly totals, which certainly makes it one of the best free apps for small business possible. Zoho Expense is available via the web.
- LastPass is a password manager that uses various cybersecurity protocols to keep your passwords safe from hackers and malware. It also features a two factor authentication app that is capable of using biometrics like a fingerprint scanner to authenticate you instead of your password. Used wisely, LastPass is an almost foolproof method to keep all of your passwords secure while online. Its long history of security and stability makes it the best free app for small businesses that care about good security practices. LastPass is available via the web as well as a multitude of browser plugins and apps for Android, Windows, Mac, and iOS.